The developper team released the Beta 1 for Windows and Linux and an Alpha 2 for OS X. I guess that’s a must download, must install, must use one.
Firefox 1.5 offers you to use new features like:
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
- Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- Improvements to popup blocking.
- Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
- Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and „Safe Mode“ experience.
- Better accessibility support including DHTML accessibility.
- Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
More of these changes and additions, and I believe Firefox will become the instant killer for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.